LifeFood Curcumin contains 500mg of Meriva Curcumin, a patented form of curcumin that has been complexed with phosphatidylcholine making it more bioavailable than regular curcumin. It is a food supplement that provides support in managing inflammation.
Curcumin is one of the most researched substances from turmeric root. Turmeric has been widely used in the Asian and Ayurvedic systems of medicine for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It is known to help alleviate inflammation that contributes to the development of conditions like joint and muscle pains, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
LifeFood Curcumin contains a patented form called Meriva - a phytosome complex of curcumin with phosphatidylcholine that helps improve its absorbability & bioavailability. It is also the most clinically studied curcumin brand in the market and has been proven to have 29x more bioavailability than an ordinary curcumin extract. LifeFood Curcumin contains 500mg of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) complex powder (in the patented Meriva® form).
Studies show that curcumin has potential benefits in various health conditions such as:
- Pain relief and anti-inflammatory effects for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other joint problems with inflammation
- Pain relief for muscle aches like low back pain
- Decreases inflammation in autoimmune conditions and inflammatory bowel disease
- Helps with sugar control in diabetes
- Helps optimize cholesterol levels
- Helps improve gut health and boost immunity
- Helps enhance mood, and can even help manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
LifeFood Curcumin can be taken 1 capsule 2-3 times a day, or as directed by your healthcare professional. To further enhance it's absorption, take it on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. However, if you find that it gives you some stomach upset, you may also take it with food.